Sandalwood (Santalum album) has a calming influence on the mind and emotions. It is one of the best alternatives for chronic bronchitis, which can relieve a sore throat as well. Sandalwood is also famous for its powerful fungicide sedative effect. It was traditionally thought to be disinfecting and was used as incense in cleansing rituals to purify the air. Among plant essential oils, it has the best aphrodisiac effect to relax nerves and enhance sexual ability.
- Fragrance: Sweet and woody scent
- Volume: 1000ml
- Ingredients: 100% Pure and organic Sandalwood essential oil
Detailed Natural Ingredients (Batch No. 0A295385)
49% - 70%
0.37% - 10%
* The product contains no animal ingredients and is not tested on animals.
* PHATOIL laboratory statistics 7/1/2020 at 2:30:48 PM
* Test results may vary according to different production lines and batches.
- Sandalwood essential oil has excellent lung bactericide, suitable for persistent dry cough and irritating dry cough.
- Treats urinary tract infections and helps relieve genitourinary symptoms such as cystitis and gonorrhea.
- Balances the secretion of sebaceous glands, regenerate skin cells, effectively copes with oily skin and acne.
- Accelerates the growth of skin cells; reduces scars, with elasticity and tightening effect.
- Has an aphrodisiac effect on men and improves sexual function.
- Dispels anxiety and helps increase romantic mood.
- Strong sedative effect on the central nervous system that can calm the nerves.
* Based on suggestions from more than 2000 aromatherapists collected by Phatoil Recipe Committee (PRC). For medical use, please consult your doctor.
- Sandalwood essential oil has the function of anti-inflammatory.
Moy, Ronald L, and Corey Levenson. “Sandalwood album oil (SAO) is an essential oil distilled from the Santalum album tree and has demonstrated biological activity as an anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, and anti-proliferative agent.” The Journal of clinical and aesthetic dermatology vol. 10,10 (2017): 34-39.
- Sandalwood essential oil shows potential on skincare products.
Misra, Biswapriya B, and Satyahari Dey. “These in vitro results indicate that there is a great potential of this essential oil for use in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease, as well as in skin-care.” Natural product communications vol. 8,2 (2013): 253-6.
- Sandalwood essential oil has a high sensitivity to bacteria.
Schnitzler, Paul et al. “All essential oils exhibited high levels of virucidal activity against acyclovir-sensitive strain KOS and acyclovir-resistant HSV-1 clinical isolates and reduced plaque formation significantly.” Antimicrobial agents and chemotherapy vol. 51,5 (2007): 1859-62. doi:10.1128/AAC.00426-06
- Bathing: Add a few drops for a heavenly comfortable feeling filled with a soothing aroma.
- Massaging: Mix a few drops with a carrier oil such as Grapeseed oil to apply to the skin. (Do not use the Essential Oil directly on the skin) It helps dry and dehydrated skin with a hot compress.
- Air Purifying: This can be used with Diffusers, Air Fresheners, Air Purifiers, and Steaming.
- Diffuse sandalwood essential oil during yoga or meditation; quickly enter a relaxed and calming condition.
- Adopt an inhalation approach and apply essential oil to the chest and throat at the same time.
- Male can add sandalwood essential oil to aftershave to relieve itching and inhibit bacterial growth.
- Meridian (Chinese medicine)： Kidney channel
Chakra (Indian medicine)： Muladhara
- Nourishing skin recipe: 2 drops of sandalwood + 1 drop of geranium + 1 drop of orange blossom + 10 ml carrier oil.
- Inspiring ideas recipe: 3 drops of Sandalwood + 2 drops of Lemon + 2 drops of Rosemary. (For incense)
- Soothing oily skin recipe: 1 drop of Lemongrass + 2 drops of Cypress + 2 drops of Sandalwood + 10ml Grapeseed oil.
- For external use only.
- Keep the bottle tightly sealed.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Stop using if irritation occurs.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If pregnant or nursing, consult your doctor before use.