Citronella (Cymbopogon nardus) is commonly used to resist insects. It acts as a general tonic for the body, helping to relax the body and combat fatigue. It is often used to promote blood circulation and relieve jet lag, whose lemony scent would also stimulate the appetite.
- Citronella Essential Oil Fragrance: Fresh grassy and strong lemon scent
- Volume: 5ml, 10ml, 15ml, 30ml
- Ingredients: 100% Pure and organic Camphor essential oil
Detailed Natural Ingredients (Batch No. 0A965826)
* The product contains no animal ingredients and is not tested on animals.
* PHATOIL laboratory statistics 7/1/2020 at 2:30:48 PM
* Test results may vary according to different production lines and batches.
Citronella Essential Oil Benefits
- Citronella essential oil resisting insects, suitable for places where have an infectious disease.
- Regulates the skin, effectively deals with enlarged pores.
- It helps repair acne and balances oily skin.
- Promotes blood circulation and increases appetite.
- Natural anti-bacterial agent to purify the air.
- Effective for Anti-fungal and athlete's foot.
- Relieve the discomfort caused by jet lag and relieve depression.
- It makes people feel awake and active with positive emotions.
* Based on suggestions from more than 2000 aromatherapists collected by Phatoil Recipe Committee (PRC). For medical use, please consult your doctor.Citronella Essential Oil.
Citronella Essential Oil Effects:
- Citronella essential oil helps prevent insects, especially in high-temperature areas.
Sharma, Ruchi, et al."Citronella essential oil is registered in US EPA (Environmental protection agency) as insect repellent due to its high efficacy, low toxicity and customer satisfaction." Current drug discovery technologies 16.4 (2019): 330-339.
- Citronella essential oil has the potential for antifungal activity.
Ji, Hyegeun, et al."Among 97 commercially available Eos(Essential oils) extracted from plant parts, cinnamon bark, citronella, and thyme linalool EO vapours exhibited relatively strong antifungal activities. "International journal of food microbiology 291 (2019): 104-110.
- Citronella essential oil has an antibacterial effect.
Wei, Lee Seong, and Wendy Wee."this study was carried out to reveal the chemical composition and potential of Cymbopogon nardus essential oil as an alternative to commercial antibiotics for aquaculture use. " Iranian journal of microbiology vol. 5,2 (2013): 147-52.
Citronella Essential Oil Usage
- Bathing: Add a few drops for a heavenly comfortable feeling filled in with a soothing aroma. Soften the skin by blending with orange blossom and bergamot.
- Massaging: Mix a few drops with a carrier oil such as Grapeseed oil to apply to the skin. (Do not apply the Essential Oil directly to the skin)
- Air Purifying: This can be used with Diffusers, Air Fresheners, Air Purifiers, and Steaming.
- Deterring insects that suitable for camping, hiking, or outdoor activities.
- Meridian (Chinese medicine)：Large intestine chakra
Chakra (Indian medicine)：Manipura
Citronella Essential Oil Blends
- Citronella blends well with lavender, verbena, Geranium, Cedarwood to create a tranquil environment.
- Freshener recipe: 2 drops of Citronella + 10ml carrier oil
- Softening hair recipe: 3 drops of Citronella + 3 drops of Bergamot + 4 drops of Lavender + 50ml shampoo.
- Deterring insect sprayer recipe: 1ml water + 1 drop of Citronella. (Shall dilute thoroughly)
- For external use only.
- Keep the bottle tightly sealed.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Stop using if irritation occurs.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If pregnant or nursing, consult your doctor before use.
- Sensitive skin or eczema or patients with dermatitis should avoid using it.